Must-watch Films

06:38 ameliaguchi 0 Comments


Cinema is something I'm really keen to talk about on this blog - my favourite pastime is film watching. I've never really got into TV, but have spent endless hours glued to Netflix and Amazon Instant Video! I thought the best way to kickstart this topic would be discussing my top five films, which are as follows:

1) Blue Valentine (2010) - This is probably my all-time favourite film. The story follows a married couple, joining the past and present to portray the haunting realism of an everyday relationship. Gosling and Williams' characters are so loved up in the beginning, but not everything stays peachy for long. I absolutely adore the cinematography in this film and the chemistry between the young couple.

2) Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) - Who could not love this film? Audrey Hepburn is my favourite actress; not only does she capture your heart with her beauty, but also her genial character - George Peppard is also very easy on the eye. I love the whole atmosphere of this film and the heart warming ending. A true classic!

3) Palo Alto (2014) - This was one of those films I couldn't wait to see, being a sucker for indie coming of age films. This film really made me warm to Emma Roberts, and I love the dynamic story lines; the scandalous teacher-student affair, the floozy girl, the boy serving community service and, of course, Nat Wolff's crazy character. The film has gorgeous cinematography and a cool soundtrack - worth a watch.

4) Whiplash (2014) - I went with my dad to watch this in the cinema, with little idea of what to expect. You know those films which kinda change your life? This was one of them. I have never walked out of a place feeling so motivated and ready to grab life by the horns - "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job." Miles Teller is one of my favourite actors, and the film shows off his talent. The story follows a boy with a huge passion for music and drumming and the lengths he takes to succeed - one to watch before an exam!

5) Clueless (1995) - Guurrrlll I love this film SO much. It's one you can watch over and over. Cher is my ultimate girl crush - this film makes me want to get a jeep so much. A cult classic. I feel like there isn't even much to say as everyone knows and loves this film! The styling in this film is the best and Brittany Murphy's character will have you lolling for days.

What are your favourite films?

Meels x 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments: